Whilst that was embroidering I though I would have a little play. I have seen on a couple of American blogs that they have been quilting on leather so I though I would give it a go. I have quite a bit so I selected a small skin and cut a small amount from it just to have a go on it.
There were a few tension problems to begin with as the leather tends to grab the thread but after a short while I got it sussed and then began to enjoy myself.
This is what it looked like on the frame
This is the other
I loved playing with it, it is so different to fabric as you get an immediate effect of the fullness created due to the sheen on the leather.
I decided to make it into something and as I had just bought myself a Kobo I decided to make it into a new cover for it. So back to the machine I went and here it is.