Capricorn Quilting is an Award Winning Longarm Quilting Service based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire offering a friendly personal service, in a dedicated studio where I am happy to meet you and discuss your requirements.
For those of you not living within travelling distance I am happy to receive quilts by post and your requirements will be discussed at length via phone, e-mail and the exchange of photos.
I offer the following levels of quilting services:
- Basting – for those of you who like to hand quilt
- Edge to Edge – uses one pattern all over.
- Intermediate – all over pattern with a different pattern in the outer border.
- Custom – different designs in each block, sashings and borders. This includes the use of motifs, freehand designs, ruler work and stitch in the ditch.
- Heirloom - this is most intense of quilting but so worth it for that special quilt.
- Bespoke – this can include memory quilts, newborn quilts etc. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
My machine is a Handiquilter Avante 18 and I have recently added the Pro-Stitcher which means I can also do computer guided quilting as well as hand guided quilting, depending on your requirements. The threads I use are all professional quality used by many show quilters across the world.
Quilting is not just a business to me, it is a passion, and seeing the smiles spread across a customer’s face when they collect their quilts is such a thrill and gives me such a buzz.
I am currently import a number of items including Blue Line Eraser and Full Line Stencils from the US and I have the most fabulous ergonomic seam rippers custom made together with matching pens in some cases, which are great for those gifts for the sewers who have everything. Check them out in the store. Oh and of course, there is fabric and wadding. Yum.
Please note that there are times when, due to demand, there will be a waiting list for quilting services.